MAW x *SCAPEmedia SPOTLIGHT: Videogames - The State of Play
Ian Livingstone is one of the founding fathers of the UK games industry.
He co-founded iconic games company Games Workshop in 1975, launching Dungeons & Dragons and Warhammer in Europe.
He co-authored The Warlock of Firetop Mountain with Steve Jackson in 1982, writing 14 titles in the Fighting Fantasy gamebook series which has sold over 18 million copies worldwide.
He designed Eureka, the first computer game published by Domark in 1984. He joined the Domark board in 1992, overseeing a merger that created Eidos plc in 1995 where he served as Executive Chairman until 2002. At Eidos he launched global video games franchises including Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.
He co-authored the influential Livingstone-Hope Next Gen review published by NESTA in 2011, recommending changes in ICT education policy. Following publication, he chaired the Next Gen Skills campaign, working with government to introduce the new Computing curriculum in schools in 2014.
In the Wired 100 list for 2012, he was ranked the 16th most influential person in the UK’s digital economy. He was listed in the 2015 Debrett’s 500 of most influential people in UK.
IMPORTANT NOTES -- PLEASE READ
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Simply turn up for the event and register with us. Once confirmed, Peatix will refund your booking fee electronically thereafter.
• Seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Seat reservations will close on 12 November 2016, 12 pm. Any cancellations MUST be done BEFORE the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your reservations will be locked-in. If you turn up for the event, the booking fee will be refunded, if not, it will be forfeited.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
1. I consent to the collection, use and retention of my personal data by*SCAPE Co. Ltd for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration for the event.
2. I will inform *SCAPE Co. Ltd immediately of any changes to my contact details and/or personal data in order that *SCAPE Co. Ltd is able to contact me for all matters relating to the event.
3. I consent to the disclosure of my personal data by *SCAPE Co. Ltd to authorised third parties for the latter to collect, use and retain my personal data for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration and participation for the event.
4. I understand that photography and/or videography will be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes and may be used for print and on online/electronic platforms.
5. I acknowledge that *SCAPE Co. Ltd own all rights to the photographs and video recordings.
6. If I do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of me, I will inform *SCAPE Co. Ltd at the event site.
7. I agree to receive updates on future engagement events and programmes organized by *SCAPE Co. Ltd to receive information on *SCAPE Co. Ltd benefits and promotions as well as to be informed about opportunities to contribute, share opinions and/or feedback via email, text messages, edm and/or post.
- The event description was updated. Diff#204635 2016-11-02 07:58:37